Careers at Nelson Motors and Equipment
Do you know someone that would make a great addition to the Nelson Motors and Equipment team?
Nelson Motors and Equipment values our employees and customers and their opinions. When growing our organization, we ask for your help identifying high-quality new employees.
Terms and Conditions
For a candidate to be considered in the candidate referral program:
- The Referral Form must be submitted explaining why you think the candidate is a good fit for the position and Nelson Motors and Equipment.
- The candidate must apply using the online application platform identifying the referring person as the source.
Submitting a referral does not guarantee the referred candidate will be hired. The candidate needs to go through the recruitment process, and the final decision is up to the hiring team of Nelson Motors and Equipment.
If two referrals are received for the same candidate, referrals are on a first-received basis. Referrals are effective for three months.
Candidates can only apply to one job posting if multiple are posted. In most cases, an active job posting must be available. Some exceptions may apply.
To have a successful probationary period, the new employee must be in good standing by way of attendance and have gained the skills necessary to do the job they were referred for.
The referring person will receive $500 after 3 months when the candidate completes the probationary period.
Referring person will receive an additional $1000 if the recruited employee is still in good standing and fully employed with the company after one year from their hiring date.
- Customers and employees must be in good standing with the company to refer a candidate
- Any open job posting is available for the referral program.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals a person may provide.
- Any person qualified for the position but not or has not been previously affiliated with Nelson Motors and Equipment is eligible to be referred.
Referrals that will be ineligible for the referral program may produce a conflict of interest in their employment for either Nelson Motors and Equipment or our employees. These consist of:
- Current employee family Members, e.g. Spouse, Son, Daughter, Cousin, Niece, Nephew, Son-In-Law, Daughter-In-Law, Father, Mother, Father-In-Law, Mother-In –Law, Domestic Partner.
- Any current or former temporary or full-time employee of Nelson Motors and Equipment.
Before you Refer
- Read and understand the Candidate Referral instructions.
- Ensure that the person you refer meets all pertinent sections of the job requirements, such as education and experience.
- Assess the communication, teamwork and customer service competencies required for this job before making a referral to ensure the candidate is a good personality fit.